- On the day of the examination do not apply deodorant, body powder or other material on your underarm or around the breasts.
- Wear clothing that can be removed from the waist up.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 12 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not empty bladder for 3 hours prior to your appointment.
Obstetrical and Pelvic Ultrasound
- A full bladder is essential for these exams.
- Do not empty your bladder for 3 hours prior to your appointment.
- Drink FOUR 8 ounce cups of water 2 hours before your appointment time.
- Pregnant patients in the last 3 months of pregnancy should arrive with a bladder that feels full but they need not follow the above instructions.
No preparation required for all other exams.